How do 8th graders feel about all the pressure and work teachers put on them to be prepared

The  year is finishing and students need to be prepared in order to culminate.

History teacher, Sehrish Jamshed, said  that the work that is given to eighth graders is challenging but it’s a good challenge and she also says it’s useful so that they can have an idea of how high school is going to be.

Sehrish also said that most students that are lost, need to attend guided study for extra help.

She says that most of the 8th graders are ready to culminate but they would  want to keep their good grades up in order to  not have any trouble at the end of the year.

8th grader, Gisselle Contreras, said that the work can be hard at one point but it could also be really easy.

Gisselle feels insecure of her work. “I do feel worried because if I don’t do a good job, I won’t be able to participate in the 8th grade’s events” Giselle said.

Gisselle explains how she would have to attend guided study if she gets D’s or F’s or if she needs extra help in a class.

8th grader, Esmeralda Hernandez, said the work can be really hard at times but she could handle most of it.

Esmeralda said that her hardest class was math class, she said she would go to guided study to get help to do homework.

Esmeralda also said that she is excited because she wants to culminate and in order to do that, she needs to keep her A’s up.

English teacher, Teresa Argueta, says that the students will be ready by the time they get to high school because there is still three and a half months left.

“Many students try their best to try to keep their grades up so that they won’t fail any classes and so that they can participate in  8th grade events” Argueta Said. “If they want to go have fun they can attend  school dances and all their field trips it is  a reward for all their hard work from the whole year” Argueta said.

Teresa said that the eighth grade event teachers prepared for them will help them learn many things while they’re having fun.

Many 8th graders keep preparing themselves in order to participate in their events and teachers keep working to help students culminate.