Animo Ralph Bunche High School speaks to Animo Jefferson eighth grade parents and students about their school

Vice Principal of Animo Ralph Bunche, Marco Duran helps students prepare for college and graduate high school.

Ayla Martinez

In the auditorium on October 15, Marco Duran, an Animo Ralph Bunch vice principal, was present at the Animo Ralph Bunche high school eighth grade parent meeting where information on enrolling to the high school was given.

In the meeting, it was said that if you already have an older sibling attending the high school or an alumnus(a sibling who graduated already) from there, you can automatically get enrolled in the high school if you fill out the application with the information needed by the sixth of December at 4:00 pm. Testimonies were also given on how the teachers are wonderful and how the school’s support is strongly felt.

Duran said similar things as well, but he also said that Animo schools are different because “It’s a small school environment so we provide individual attention to students.” He also said that to prepare for college, there are Honors Sections and advance placement classes (AP classes). He said that at the end of the year, if you take the advanced placement test and you pass with a three, four, or five (scale out of five), you can get college credit.