Bulldog Bugle

The student news site of Animo Jefferson Charter Middle School

Bulldog Bugle

Bulldog Bugle

What music genre do you listen to?

All types of music written in music notes.
Bigstock

In student life, music is like a friend that understands everyone. Whether it’s lively beats or calming tunes, students find comfort and connection in their favorite song. However, everyone feels a different way whenever they listen to the type of music they like, such as calm, hyped, happy, and more. I would say after interviewing students, it felt easier to understand why they felt certain emotions while listening to their favorite songs. 

Marianne Sanchez, 8th grader:

“I would say I almost listen to any music genre but I would say I listen to alternative and like music that’s kinda sad because I would say whenever I listen to that type of music, I feel very calm and it’s like I’m in a heavenly place but it mostly makes me feel more happy and motivated to do things in my life.”

Fatima Gonzalez, 8th grader:

“I usually listen to any type of music but at most, I like listening to pop or Spanish music and if I’m not listening to that type of music I’m either listening to rock. When I listen to this type of music it makes me feel happy that I’m listening to it and I’m more calm. However, if I listen to that type of music while I’m in a calm environment, It would feel weird to me because it’s calm but it doesn’t match the environment with the music I’m listening to, so it really depends on where I am to decide what type of music I’m gonna listen to.”

Geraldine Sanchez, 8th grader:

“There’s no specific type of music I listen to because I like to listen to any type of music regardless of what type of environment I’m in but overall I like when I listen to music because it makes me feel good.”

Carl Finer, English teacher:

“I listen to lots of music genres, for example rock, hip-hop, bluegrass, country, pretty much anything. My favorite type of music within the four I just listed would be rock because it makes me feel comforted in a sort of way because it’s not really metal or punk-type of rock so it doesn’t really get me charged up.”

Jody Saldivar, 7th grader:

“I enjoy listening to hip hop because it makes me feel calm and it soothes me in a relaxed way.”

Eduardo Aguilar, 7th grader:

“I like to listen to classical music because if I’m mad it makes me feel calm and it makes me happy.”