Bulldog Bugle

The student news site of Animo Jefferson Charter Middle School

Bulldog Bugle

Bulldog Bugle

Reality shifting

An idea of reality shifting.
Google
An idea of reality shifting.

What is reality shifting?

According to an article called “A Psychologist Explains The Phenomenon Of ‘Reality Shifting,” it claims that an actual psychologist reveals the psychology behind it. In the first part of the article it explains that reality shifting is like a way to change your perspective or focus your mind to imagine yourself in a different reality or world. It’s where or when you use your brain to pretend you’re in a different place or situation, and some people believe that by doing this, you can actually make it happen and experience that reality. It’s like using your imagination to create a new reality.

Some shifting methods, according to “What is Reality Shifting?” are that “There are different rituals and methods people use to attempt to shift realities, and it can be done awake or while sleeping. One method involves meditating for 10 minutes while lying down in a starfish position, counting up to 100 while focusing on your desired reality and saying “I am shifting” as you fall asleep and then wake up in that desired reality.” Also, “There are also methods involving scripting, in which you write details of your desired reality on paper to feed your subconscious mind with details about what you intend to experience before going to sleep. Then you essentially fall asleep and wake up in that alternate reality.” According to that article there’s multiple ways to do reality shifting.

Wondering what may be some potential pros and cons from doing this? According to an article titled “Is Shifting Realities Bad for Your Mental Health? Exploring the Potential Risks and Benefits,” first, starting off in the benefits part, it says that by doing this you can promote personal growth, self awareness, develop emotional resilience, coping skills, temporarily relieve stress and provide a relaxing escape from everyday concerns.

And now for the dangers: It says one of the risks is blurred boundaries between reality and fantasy meaning you might start to get confused about what’s real and what’s not.

But at the end of the day this makes people wonder if it’s really possible to change reality. The problem is, we don’t know for sure if it’s real or just a weird dream. Maybe scientists will figure it out someday, but for now, we can’t say for sure if reality shifting is real or not. So the question of ‘is reality shifting real’ isn’t one that can be answered.