Bulldog Bugle

The student news site of Animo Jefferson Charter Middle School

Bulldog Bugle

Bulldog Bugle

How do 8th graders feel about leaving middle school?

Joshua_J_Krauser
A picture of a culmination that happened two years ago.

People have different opinions of how they feel about going to high school. Some people feel sad about leaving eighth grade, some people feel happy, and some people feel nervous. 

Jennifer Estevez stated, “I don’t know because I don’t want to leave middle school, but at the same time I want to go to high school.” She also said, “I don’t feel sad but I also don’t feel happy.” I understand how she feels because high school is a new place that you’ve never been to before and will encounter new experiences.

Another student, Geraldine Sanchez, said, “I feel excited for a brand new start and I’m a little sad because I’m going to miss the people I met here in middle school. I’m excited for all the new programs my new school is offering.”

Lastly, student Roselyn Martinez stated, “I feel good by leaving because when you enter high school you get a new start. You are also able to make new friends and meet new people.”

Many people have mixed feelings about leaving but ultimately everyone gets to have a fresh new start. For example Jennifer said that she will go to Maya Angelou and she wants to join a few sports. Fatima said she is going to Synergy Quantum Academy and said that in her orientation she joined a few sports and activities such as cheer, SRLA, volleyball, softball, and ASB. I also will be going to Synergy and I signed up for the same sports except for SRLA. This is going to be a different experience. However, I’m excited.

So to all the eighth graders… good luck!!!