Bulldog Bugle

The student news site of Animo Jefferson Charter Middle School

Bulldog Bugle

Bulldog Bugle

How do you feel about 8th grade ending?

Graduates+throwing+their+caps+in+the+air.+
Mohamed Hassan/StockVault
Graduates throwing their caps in the air.

I went around AJMS and asked some students “how do you feel about the eighth grade ending?”

They shared their emotions. Many of them had different but similar replies on this topic on leaving.

Some people feel nervous and scared

Micheal Sandoval said, “I feel like it’s scary but exciting going into high school and I’m also excited to get my new classes and new people.”

This feeling is very normal though since you are going through a new experience but once you go you will see how those emotions change.

Manuel Marquez said, “I’m nervous because my parents are going to see me cross the stage and that will make me happy.”

For example, it’s like when we came to middle school. I’m sure plenty of us were nervous but soon those emotions changed to us being happy that we came. This is because you get used to it and see how the change to going to a new school is not so bad as we all thought.

Student feel prepared for high school

Carlos Lozada said, “I am about to get all my grades up to culminate because I  am ready for high school and new classes.”

Going through change means it will bring us more opportunity and that’s the good part of us leaving. So no matter what you’re feeling on this topic it will all turn out good.

So as you can see overall the students are excited and happy to leave and go on to new things but also very nervous about leaving for high school. Many of these eighth graders are nervous because they’ll face new things and new challenges. Overall leaving middle school is sad or exciting for most people because they get fresh new starts. This can also be hard for students because they are going to a place they’ve never been there before and will encounter new experiences.