Medieval Times Field Trip

Some students before the show.
Guadalupe Contreras
Some students before the show.

On May 19, the 7th graders went on a field trip to Medieval Times.They were provided with a show of Spain and some delicious chicken, corn, baked potato, garlic bread, and a chocolate chip cookie.

Emily Guidos, a 7th grade student, feeling happy about going on the Medieval Times field trip. Emily said, “The trip was fun because of the show, especially the joust the knights had.” Emily thought that the food was good but her favorite was the chicken and the cookie.

Jocelyn Palacios, a 7th grade student, feeling excited because she didn’t know what to expect on the trip. Jocelyn said, “The trip was awesome because the people were fighting with real weapons, and the show was entertaining because we were on different teams.” Jocelyn thought the food was good, especially the cookie.

Priscila Lopez, a 7th grade student feeling sleepy because she knew the bus ride would be boring decided to go. Priscila said, “The trip was awesome because we were entered into different teams, and the show was funny because all the knights were falling off their horses and Rodrigo, the red knight, fell on poop.” Priscila said the food was good, especially the garlic bread, the chicken, and the cookie was the best.

Johan Rodriguez, a 7th grade student feeling curious about the field trip decided to go. Johan said,”The trip was educative because we learned about the knights and what they did at their times, and the show was really cool because we got to see the knights fight and we got to see how they used the horses in their time.” Johan said the food was really good and the best ones were the garlic bread and the cookie that they gave use during the show.

Elizabeth Borum, a 7th and 8th grade English teacher was in charge of the field trip. Elizabeth said she has been planning this trip for two years along with Gabriela Dampier a 7th and 8th grade History teacher. Borum explained how she had lived in Orange County most of her life and found out about Medieval Times from that. Borum explains how this trip helps students educationally, “What is really cool about Medieval Times is the king and princess talk about life during Medieval Times and there is a show designed around the purpose of the Knights and weapons during that time. I think it really gives students a visual representation of life during Medieval Times.” Borum said. Elizabeth explains how she enjoys seen the show and also says that as long as the students are having fun and they are happy she is also happy.

As you can see, many people had a really good time at the Medieval Times field trip.