Why students accepted to 6th grade at Animo Jefferson should take the offer

A sixth grade application for the newcomers

Ayla Martinez

For Animo Jefferson Charter Middle School, all students who applied to the school are accepted, according to Brenda Serrato, the parent coordinator.

She said that the sixth graders will be able to prepare for college at this school because “We have a healthy school environment.”  She said that the students accepted should attend the school.

A 6th grade student, Lezly Hernandez, said, “I think that the staff is preparing us for college because they encourage education a lot.” She said that the newcomers who are accepted to the school should come because “it’s a way to their future.” She said that the newcomers will become prepared just like her because “these teachers really help you and encourage you to do more than what you are capable of.” She also said that if she had a chance to talk to one of the incoming students she would say “that the school and everything around them are there for them to be helped…”.

Gilbert Ramirez, a teacher at AJCMS, said that the students who got accepted to the school should take the offer because “I think that our school offers an excellent program and I think students should take advantage of what we have to offer here.”He also said that to prepare students for college, “We engage our students to think critically about every subject that is taught here.”Ramirez said that the new students will become prepared for the future because he said that the school has a very dedicated staff.

The applications were due on Friday the 6th at 4:00pm and so far, Sue Jean Foulkes the principal of AJCMS said,”As of today, we have 172 applications and we are accepting up to the first 190 students.” She also said that the school recruited at Animo Ralph Bunche High School for siblings, sent mailers to elementary schools, and worked with community organizations to spread the word about recruitment.

She also  said,”I think that it’s going to be an amazing 2014-2015 academic year.  The fact that students know what their middle school destination is gives us the opportunity to start getting them to think about what it means to be a Jefferson bulldog! ”

“I believe that Animo Jefferson is the BEST choice for families in our community.  We have proven to grow our students and have the most dedicated teaching staff.” “I believe that the students will be prepared for college because we will make sure that our students are prepared for high school.  In college some of the most important skills to have is to be able to read and write.  This has been a focus of our school is to begin this process by giving our students strategies and ample opportunity to develop and refine these skills.”

IMG498(1)
This binder holds the 6th grade applications

,