Students have second student-led parent conference

The student is having their conference with their parents and teachers who are supervising. These pictures were taken on the 27th of February.

Miguel Tecuanhuey

Students are having their second student-led conference this year at Animo Jefferson Charter Middle School, and it occured on Feb. 26-Feb.28 so parents can know how their kids are doing in school so far. Some students were nervous and worried because they may have had bad grades and some were happy because they know that their parents will be proud of them. 

Eighth grader Kaylee Nebo said, ” I wasn’t scared of anything because I know how I did. I did fine because that’s what my mom said.”

Eighth grader Maricruz Garrista said, “When I was in there, I felt nervous because it was my first time. I think I did well because my teacher gave me some compliments, also my mom.”

Eighth grader Hugo Equizabal said, “I felt good because I have almost all A’s.”

Sixth grader Antony Tecuanhuey said, “I felt nervous [because] my mom is coming and I have [bad grades].”

The student-led conferences are very important for the eighth graders because they will graduate this year and they will be informed if they are on the way to promote or if they need to do something in order to do so. The requirements are that you must have a GPA of at least 1.0 and no F’s. You must also have paid off all debt you may have with the school. It is also necessary to not have missed more than 15 days of school in per semester.