Bulldog Bugle

The student news site of Animo Jefferson Charter Middle School

Bulldog Bugle

Bulldog Bugle

Thoughts on high school

A look into the minds of soon-to-be freshmen
Animo Ralph Bunche Charter High School
Homes.com
Animo Ralph Bunche Charter High School

There are three months until the end of middle school for eighth graders. This means preparing for high school. However, a lot of them may not feel ready as this could mean meeting new people and being in a new environment. However, a lot of students might also be very happy to experience these changes.

These eighth graders shared with us the high school they plan on attending and their thoughts about next year.

Marianne Sanchez: Animo Ralph Bunche

“Um- I’m going to ARB. I’m looking forward to being with Niani Ayala. I’m happy but scared because I feel like the work is gonna be a lot harder so I have to work a lot harder. I wanna go there because a lot of my friends are going there and because- since I’m already exposed to the people here, might as well just be with people I already know.”

Andrea Gonzalez: didn’t say

“Oh- uh- I’m looking forward to volleyball. To join the volleyball team ‘cause my sister was on there. So, that’s what I’m looking forward to. I’m a little scared because it’s scary going to a new school. It’s a new experience- I’ve never been in that area before. Something I’m not looking forward to is going to school. It’s a lot of work. Something that encouraged me to go there is my sister ‘cause she went there.”

Jaylah Everett: Animo Jackie Robinson

“I look forward to getting a good education and sports. Basketball, and I’ll probably try some other sports. It feels weird ‘cause I haven’t graduated in a while and I don’t wanna wear a dress for graduation. I’m not looking forward to the hard work and new kids and like- meeting new people. I’m encouraged to go there ‘cause it’s close to my house and uh- uhm- I don’t really wanna go to other high schools ‘cause if I go close to my house, you know, I could wake up later, and it could help with my education.”

Josue Alonzo: Animo Ralph Bunche

“I’m going to Animo Ralph Bunche. I’m looking forward to um- participating in some-what are they called? Some online classes and plus, all my friends are going there. But there’s like a lot of bad things there, but at the same time it’s a fun school- I think. I feel… strange. ‘Cause I never imagined myself going to high school. As a kid, I always thought ‘Oh it’s gonna be such a long time till I go to high school,’ but it’s a year now. High school’s like- in August. [Inaudible] And like, in four years I’ma go to college. I’m not looking forward to graduating high school.”

Kaylah Marroquin: Animo Jackie Robinson

“I’m going to Animo Jackie Robinson. I’m looking forward to seeing my best friend and my other best friend that I haven’t seen since elementary. I’m not looking forward to seeing new people because I don’t like talking to people, it’s kind of scary. I feel nervous and excited at the same time.”

Jaylynn Aparicio: Nava College Preparatory Academy

“I’m going to Nava. Nothing encouraged me to go, my mom’s making me go there. I’m looking forward to uhm- I don’t know- new people. I’m kinda nervous, kinda excited I don’t know. I’m also looking forward to sports, I guess. Like- baseball. I’m not looking forward to all the work- and math, I hate math. It’s so hard.”

Fatima Gonzalez: Synergy Quantum Academy

“I’m going to be attending Synergy Quantum Academy. I’m mostly looking forward to the sports and all the good classes they have. I’m really nervous ‘cause like- I’m not really prepared for it and I feel like I’m going to struggle a lot. I’m encouraged to go there because most of my friends are going there and I already had our of the campus and it’s a nice school. And also ‘cause they have like a lot of sports.”

Conclusion

Obviously, there is a pattern of feeling nervous and excited. Going to a new school, being introduced to a new community and meeting new people can be a very stressful experience. However, it’s best to make the most of high school and make the best memories.

View Comments (4)