Bulldog Bugle

The student news site of Animo Jefferson Charter Middle School

Bulldog Bugle

Bulldog Bugle

Nava summer programs

Jaylynn Aparicio
QR code to register for Summer Bridge.

Summer Program

If you are an eighth grader thinking of going to Nava, you should consider going to their summer programs. There are two main programs you can attend as a freshman to get a head start on your classes and community service. Both programs are optional and it is completely fine if you don’t want to take them. You can sign up in the front office of the Nava building located 4019 Compton Ave. This informational article will explain everything these programs have to offer to you.

Classes

In their program, they offer an ethnic studies class that you can take to finish the class quicker. This specific program is only ten days long. To enter this class, you need a 3.00 GPA or higher. To sign up for this program, go to the front office of the Nava building to get a paper from them to give to your counselor to verify your GPA is 3.00 or above. If you pass the class, you don’t have to take it for the first semester of freshman year.

The ethnic studies teacher won’t give you a final exam as long as you keep up with the work they give you. When you enter your first day of freshman year, you can pick an elective between art or advanced Spanish to replace the history class. Although, if you would like to take advanced Spanish, you would have to take a test to show you are ready for this class.

Summer Bridge

Summer Bridge lasts three days. It starts on July 31st and ends on August 2nd. You do ten hours of community service. This program lasts from 8:00 a.m to 2:00 p.m. This will help you get a head start on your community service that you will need in order to graduate high school. After you’re done with this three day program you get a free Nava shirt and a raffle ticket to get a free PE uniform. To sign up for a Summer Bridge you can use the QR code on the side.

Conclusion

Overall these are two programs you should consider taking because they will help you a lot to get a head start. You can also meet people and new friends before going into high school so you get an idea of how your high school life will be.