New teacher’s first impression of AJCMS

On the right side you see Science teacher, Jacqueline Alamilla. On the left side you see Math teacher, Amber Vargas. They are both new teachers AJCMS.

New Teachers at Animo Jefferson Charter Middle School (AJCMS) have entered teaching at AJCMS. They have talked about their point of view of this school.

At first, some of the teachers weren’t too familiar with the demerit system and they thought that they would never memorize all these systems by the end of the semester. Science teacher, Jacqueline Alamilla said, “At first I thought the school was very small and I was confused about the demerit system, I felt lost and didn’t know what to do.”

Other teachers thought that the school would be very different from what they expected it to be. Math teacher, Amber Vargas said, “ I thought the school looked very different than from what I had in mind and at first it didn’t really feel like a school, I also thought the school was very strict.”

Something about this school that Alamilla thinks would be better and would change, would be giving the students a longer lunch because in her opinion, they don’t really have time to relax. However, Vargas thinks that something she would change about the school would be to give the students a class of P.E  and a bigger area to run in because students are in class all day and they need to get rid of their energy. Over all, both teachers think that this is a great school.