AJCMS hosts a rally awards

Last Friday, March 13 student council  held an Academic Assembly where students were recognized in each subject for : Math, English, Science, and History for each grade.

The academic assembly had a teacher versus each grade game, a cheer performance, and recognizing our sports team which are Students Run LA, soccer, and basketball.

There were sixteen academic awards given out so 1 out of each student in a grade got an award. Thomas Lo, the head of the Math Department said, “In order to receive the award a student had to get high grades in that particularly subject and then the teachers had to vote on the student.”

Lots of the winners were surprised that they won the award. Ramon Gonzalez, 8th grade historian award winner, said that he was really surprised when he received the award. Ramon did his best and asked for help when he didn’t understand the topics in history class.

Jesus Arellano, a sixth grader,  said, “I wasn’t really surprised because I knew I was going to win the award. I saw it coming because I keep trying and I’m is good at math.”

Tania Recinos, seventh grader, said that all the hard work she did finally payed of when she received the award.

The award winners worked hard with all their effort and the hard work finally payed of when they received the awards.

v20150313_105953