New Club at AJCMS

Guadalupe Contreras

Broguiere’s Sign of Fame

This March AJCMS introduced a film club where students can express their acting skills.

Nathaniel Broguiere is the director of the film club. He has had experience with making short musical films and directing movies for three years. Broguiere is not only hoping for the audience to like it, but he also wonders how they are going to react to it. Broguiere also has a lot of pressure on his back, choosing actors , the scene locations, and getting the right team for the job, “Of course there’s a lot of pressure on me. There’s a saying in a movie “movies don’t want to be made, you have to force it to exist.” Broguiere said. “The movie is inspired by a lot of experiences here at AJCMS. It’s a gift back to the students for being there with him and for being awesome.”

Yessenia Fuentes, an eighth grade girl, auditioned to be one of the leading spots in the movie. Yessenia said that the way she got prepared for this audition was by practicing with friends, not to mention that she also spread the word to other students. Yessenia also says that when participating in an audition you have to be your self and have a regular attitude. “Its not about being a pro or anything, it’s just that like I said before; be confident, and believe in yourself,” Yessenia said.

Cesar Ruiz, an eighth grader, who as well auditioned said that in order to be prepared and ready he is going to rehearse his lines to make it sound natural. Cesar said he did have pressure on him, “Yeah because what if I mess up, that will ruin the shot of a film.” Cesar said.

Broguiere has had a positive attitude about this club and has given it to students who also want to be a part of this movie, and his greatest wish is to be a great hit for others to enjoy.

*Want to know more about Nathaniel Broguiere check out Community’s (profile piece about Nathaniel Broguiere)