Bulldog Bugle

The student news site of Animo Jefferson Charter Middle School

Bulldog Bugle

Bulldog Bugle

AJMS 8th graders’ picks for best music artist

These are some of the favorite music artists in 8th grade at AJMS!
People rapping.
IllustAC
People rapping.

Who do students and staff think is the best music artist? 

Some people like rap, others like background music, others like calm instrumental music, and some like pop. We will see what are JMS’s favorite picks!

HipHop / Rap 

Kendrick Lamar takes a stand with two people rooting! Kendrick Lamar Duckworth is an American rapper and singer-songwriter that is often regarded as one of the greatest rappers of all time. 

Giovanny Romero states, “Ken makes new albums a ton and every album has a story.” 

Dennis Lopez says, “Kendrick Lamar makes quality music and his lyrics have deeper meaning too.”

And now we move onto another candidate, Kalan.FrFr. Kalan.FrFr’s emphasis on keeping things real has propelled his career from the beginning. He has risen to prominence in the saturated Los Angeles music scene blurring the lines between rapper and singer, thoughtfulness, and turn-up.

Luis Villalobos states that “Kalan’s music sounds better than most music and the instruments and background music is diverse and new.” 

We also have King Von, who is an American drill rapper who is largely considered as one of the largest influencers in the drill genre. Angel Castillo states that “He has also collected 10 bodies, is active with his music, and all his music has meanings behind them.”

Last, we have Eminem! Eminem or Marshall Mathers is an American rapper that rose to stardom whilst popularizing hiphop in middle America. He is often regarded as one of the greatest rappers of all time! 

Mr. Finer states that, “Eminem has original lyrics, classic and original albums. Eminem is gifted lyrically as well.”

Songwriter/Pop

And also on our list, we have Dody6. Dody6 is an obscure musical artist that has made multiple music albums and collaborations! Manuel Marques states that “Dody’s rhythm helps you concentrate and it’s also inspirational, too.

Another person called Frank Sinatra is also on this list! Frank was an American singer and actor during the mid-20s! He was nicknamed “Ol’ Blue Eyes” and has an estimated 150 million record sales! 

Interviewee Irvin De Jesus states, “His music has a lot of emotion put into it, it’s a mix of a lot of music genres like rock and more, and I really enjoy his style because of his explanations!”

Unlike Frank who came from the mid-1920s, we have Xavi! Xavier is an American song writer that rose to prominence in 2023 through his music “La Victima” and “La Diabla” which went viral and put Xavi on the Billboard Hot 100! 

Joshua Aguilar states that, “Xavi’s voice is unique and it has no autotune! Xavi’s music is very enjoyable and he does a lot of broadcasts and collabs.”

And lastly we have Faye Webster, a Indie/Alternative music artist soared to indie stardom in 2019, drawing her music from dreamy 70s pop! Kevin Barcenas states that, “Faye is pretty good, with multiple genres.”

Conclusion

And there it is is folks! AJMS’s picks for the best music artists! One of the most popular music artists is Kendrick Lamar! And one of the most popular genres is hiphop/rap! And if you have any favorite music artists, make sure to put them in the comments! Have an amazing day and I’ll catch you on the flipside!

View Comments (3)