Want two years of free community college?

This is an example of a community  college.
http://www.elac.edu/
This is an example of a community college.

If President Barack Obama’s idea of letting students go to free community college for two years gets passed as a law, how would this affect students?

Obama’s idea can pay 75% of a student’s tuition. According to White House adviser, Cecelia Munoz, the plan would save a community college student an average of $3,800 in tuition per year.

In order to have tuition free classes, students need to maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher and make their way onto getting a degree or transferring to a four year university.

Some students are discouraged by the idea that they don’t have enough money to attend college, or to pay their tuition. Parent, Maggie Salazar said, “Money won’t be an issue to go to college.”

Obama believes that this idea can empower the middle class by giving them an education and giving them opportunities to do things. Some students have a plan of going to community college for two years and then transferring to a four year university. Community college student, Michelle Badillo said, “I think it would benefit a lot of students who come from minorities.”

Many believe that this idea would benefit students in many ways. For example, this idea can motivate students to attend college. Another way this idea can benefit students is by not having them to worry about the money they don’t have to attend college. Teacher, Bernardo Lopez, said “College is too expensive, so now they don’t have to worry anymore.”

People believe this is a great start for students so they can achieve their education. High school student, Ulices Rosales said, that this can benefit students by giving them the advantage of getting a great education. “…still make it on to a better college after that and have a good successful career in the future.”

This idea can decrease the amount of debt that the students need to pay afterwards. Lopez said, “They [students that attend community colleges] won’t come out of school with thousands of dollars of debts.”