Should schools change the entrance time?

Kailly Hernandez
Animo Jefferson Charter Middle School schedule

Students often complain about going to school early and how hard it is to wake up. Students would rather prefer to attend school at a later time which could be beneficial for learning purposes and to better their attitudes.

Rosie Romero, mother of an AJCMS student, said, “I think that it’s a good idea for school to begin later. When I have to drop off Diego, I hate it. I need to wake up early in the morning, drive him, and then drive back. I might not work, but I’d rather prefer to get my rest too!

When asked about her opinion, Kimberly Camacho, eighth grader at AJCMS said, “Waking up early in the morning is difficult.” Her mode of transportation to school is her mom driving her to school. “ In my opinion we should enter school late because I would get more rest and energy. Most of the time I am early depending on the traffic.”

From information gathered from the two interviews so far they are for the idea of entering school late. It eithers gives them more rest and just the fact of entering late suits them.

Ayline Orihuela, eighth grader, student at AJCMS said, “It is a struggle for me to wake up early and i don’t manage my time well.  It would be better to enter school late it would give me more hours of sleep and I won’t dread going to school as much.”

Since our school, Animo Jefferson Charter Middle School (AJCMS), requires us to be ready by 7:45 a.m from Monday to Thursday to change school schedule which by doing so would improve the large tardy count and better behavior in morning classes. On Fridays, students at AJCMS enter at 9 a.m. and look forward to entering at a later time.