New eighth grade dance location

Eighth grade students here at AJCMS are beginning to misunderstand the reason from The Ahmanson Center to the schools gym location for the eighth grade dance.

Most students are really disappointed for the change because they don’t want to have their eighth grade dance in the school gym.

The original location where the dance was going to be located.
Image Source=http://la.spacefinder.org/spaces/3053

School Counselor, Gabriela Cervantes, and English teacher, Teresa Argueta, are both in charge of the eighth grade activities and they both say that the reason why they change the dance location was for the reason that the cost of The Ahmanson Center was a bit too high for the school’s budget. “The reasons was based on financial reasons ,the rental increased to about $900, which meant that we had to increase the tickets for the students,” Cervantes said.

The dance theme for the 8th graders is going to be “A Night to Remember.” Putting the dance together is going to be a bit complicated now because they have cover the whole gym with decorations in order for it to look like a dance.

“It is hard because now we need to rent tables and chairs and things to cover the gym,” Argueta said. Argueta also has to book the DJ, which comes with the photo booth , and she also has to get the caterer , with the help from the other staff. “We need as much help as possible since the space is much bigger and appreciate donations of white tulle,” Argueta said.

“We need a lot of help with the decoration, we need to start decorating the gym on Friday on May 29 and finish decorating in the morning of May 30, so then in the night students will enjoy the dance,” said Cervantes. For this event we would need as much help from parent and from students.

The location that the dance is know going to be located. AJCMS gym.
Guadalupe Contreras

Jacquelin Carbajal, one of the many eighth grade girls who is a bit disappointed of the fact that the dance was moved to the gym said, “Its not that cool because why would you have it in the gym when you could have it somewhere else,” Jacqueline said. Jacquelin also says how she won’t be contributing with the decorations because she has more personal things to do.

Jacob Archiniega, is a eighth grader who slightly had a different opinion about the dance being at the gym. Jacob said, “Its cool the dance being in the gym because its better knowing that you just have to go to school for a dance.” He also thinks how the dance will be a great hit because it will only be eighth graders and no other little kids ruining the dance. “I think that it will be turned up because it will only be 8th graders,” Jacob said. “Im going to buy myself a nice suite in order to go formally to the dance,” Jacob said, and how he doesn’t have time to do any preparations because he needs to buy things for himself.