A Medievel Times’ Food Review

Alondra Banda

The delicious food that they served during the show.

This Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 7th grade students took a trip to Medieval Times  a dinner and tournament show. Students enjoyed a medieval show with knights jousting and sword fighting while eating a meal. The meal contained a good portion of chicken, half a potato, and half of a corn wrapped in an aluminum ball served on a plate.

Students had a mix reactions to the chicken some said it was very great with much flavor and not that much grease. Student Kevin Carranza said,”I liked it because it did not have that much grease and for someone who trying to be healthy it will be a good meal.” El Pollo Loco is an example of of a fast food restaurant that serves chicken with much grease. This chicken had no comparison to Pollo Loco chicken but very healthy for a person’s diet.

Some students said that the chicken was very bland and with not that much flavor because most students are used to to eating chicken with salsa and tortillas, but this chicken was served plain on the plate with no tortilla or salsa. The chicken had no type of seasoning making the chicken tasteless for some students. Restaurant that serve chicken like Pollo Campero have tons of flavor that they add like garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black or white pepper, and salt. All the spices added to the chicken make the chicken flavorful and interesting unlike like Medieval Times’ chicken.

What is chicken without any sides? Of course the chicken was served with half of a potato, small piece of corn, garlic bread, and a chocolate chip cookie for dessert. The half potato grilled with the skin on its’ surface was very bland with no flavor and no ketchup to enjoy it with. This was the same case with the corn with no mayonnaise or cheese to cover it in. The corn was very juicy though so most students consumed it. The garlic bread was a good addition to the chicken which most students really enjoyed. Student Gissele Lemus said,”I did not like flavor of the potato but I enjoyed the chicken and bread because they  were tasty and a great combination to eat.”

The choice is yours now: Are you willing to pay twenty five dollars to enjoy this meal (along with the show) that one hundred thirty students attended and paid to see and eat.