Bulldog Bugle

The student news site of Animo Jefferson Charter Middle School

Bulldog Bugle

Bulldog Bugle

TOMORROW X TOGETHER

J-14 (magazine)
TXT having their picture taken by paparazzi.

If you like K-pop you may have heard of a famous group called TXT.

TXT, also known as Tomorrow By Together, trained together and eventually became a group under the company called Big Hit Entertainment. They debuted on March 4, 2019 with their mini album, The Dream Chapter – Star. 

The group peaked at number one on the Gaon (Circle) Album chart and Billboard World Albums chart. They entered the US Billboard 200 at number 140, which was the highest-charting debut album by any male K-pop group at the time. The group also topped the Billboard Emerging Artists chart. The music video of the album’s lead single, “Crown” got 14.5 million views on Youtube, breaking the record for the most views in 24 hours, with 2.3 millions likes in 24 hours.

The album incorporated a variety of music genres including R&B, tropical house, acoustic hop and hip hop. The album debuted atop the Gaon (Circle) Album chart, surpassing 124,000 sales in its first week. 

TXT Members

The band has five members which are SOOBIN, YEONJUN, BEOMGYU, TAEHYUN, AND HUENINGKAI. 

Soobin is the leader of the group, meaning that he is in charge of how they do things. Soobin was born on December 5th, 2000. He is shy to people he first meets.

Yeonjun is the oldest member of the group. Yeonjun was born on  September 13, 1999. His uniqueness is his monolids, which is having one eyelid fold rather than a double lid . 

Beomgyu is the vislual of the group, meaning that he matches Korean beauty ideals. Beomgyu was born on March 13th, 2001. His hobbies are playing the guitar. He learned how to play the guitar on Youtube. He is shy and quiet to people at first but when he warms up, he can’t stop talking

Taehyun is the smartest among the TXT members with an IQ of 152. Taehyun was born on February 5, 2002. He is a very fast runner and is good at cooking. He is also left handed. 

Huening Kai is the maknae of the group, meaning he is the youngest member. Huening Kai was born on August 14, 2002.  Huening Kai is a very kind person who tends to be quite shy but is actually really talkative when you get to know him. 

TXT Awards

TXT have received the Asia Artist Award for Rookie Music of the Year award and they recieved the Genie Music Award for Best New Male Artist in 2019. In 2020 they received The Fact Music Award for Best Performer  and also received the MAMA Award for Worldwide Fans’ Choice top 10 Favorite Group Dance Performance and so many more through the years. In total TXT has won 42 awards and received 132 nominations. Recently they have won four awards at Asia Star Entertainer, all in one night.

TXT Performances

TXT has performed in three world concert tours, one online concert, three showcases, four fan lives and two festivals since their debut in 2019. TXT had many performances but recently in 2022 they were the first K-POP group to perform at LOLLAPALOOZA in Chicago and in 2023  they returned as headliners. 

TXT Meaning

TXT has a meaning to their name and so does their fandom name. The meaning behind their name is “Five individuals who come together under one dream in hopes of building a better tomorrow”  and MOA stands for “Moments of Alwayness” which means TXT will always share moments with us fans forever.

TXT has worked really hard to accomplish their dream and have come so far. They are very hardworking because they have gotten many awards and training for performances is very hard. We know this because they post videos of them training like the Tinnitus Dance Practice. They make sure to surprise their fans with comebacks, new albums, and tours. They deserve everybody’s support and I think they also deserve lots of recognition for their amazing work and talent.

Many people are proud of them because they are really under pressure and it can be too much to handle sometimes but they always push through for their fans. I know this because they have a documentary called Our Last Summer, which shows that TXT go through hardships like going on tour, being far from home, and debuting when they were young.

Moas hope TXT know they are doing amazing and are trying their best 💜. It takes a lot of work to be an artist especially with all the collabs advertisements and so much more. MOA’S are proud of them.

Please stream their latest song  DEJA VU 🔥

Sources:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2023/05/09/tomorrow-x-together-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-k-pop-group/70200030007/ 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Tomorrow_X_Together 

https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/txt-members/

https://kprofiles.com/txt-awards-history/ 

View Comments (2)