AJCMS New Music Video: YOTO

On April 27-29 ,2015 Nathaniel Broguiere made a music video called “You Only Test Once”based on the track by Macklemore “Can’t Hold Us”. “Thomas Lo and I thought this was a great song because of its beat.  Through The reason for this music video is to motivate students to do their best when the tests come” Broguiere said.

AJCMS student getting ready to film
Guadalupe Contreras
AJCMS students getting ready to film

Both Broguiere and Lo have been working in this video for a month now. “It’s been a lot of work but I enjoy working with audiom,” Lo said.  Lo said that he really like working with this music video mostly with the audio, but he’s not that sure what the video is going to look like since Broguiere is in charge of filming the video. “I like being part of the team that is doing the video even though Mr. Broguiere deserves the whole credit,” Lo said.

Both teachers think that the students will hopefully like the new video because it is going to be even better than last years’ music video, “Talk Nerdy to Me”, based on “Talk Dirty to Me” by Jason Derulo. “My deadline is to finish by Friday, May 1 2015,” Broguiere said. Monday 4/27-Tuesday 4/28 he was filming parts of the music video with AJCMS students, and on Wednesday 4/29 he was filming the teachers, so by Thursday he just added the finishing touches and to be able to finish by Friday May 1, to be shown in a rally that will be held in the school gym.

M.Lo and Mr.Brougiere starting to film
Guadalupe Contreras
M.Lo and Mr. Brougiere starting to film

Isaac Mayoral an 8th grader here at AJCMS , said that he really is looking forward to the release in this video since it’s the third time he participates in the school’s music video. Isaac explains how he had already participated in the 6th and 7th grade music video. Mayoral said that he didn’t really know how the video was going to be but that it was a great experience participating once again. He also explains how he doesn’t care about rumors that can come after the video is released, ‘’No because I don’t care about what people say about me’’ Mayoral said.

Esmeralda Hernandez, another 8th grader here in AJCMS, explains how she is really excited to be in the music video even though, she doesn’t show her face much.”Esmeralda said. This is Esmeralda’s first time she participated in a music video. No one had an idea of how the video would look like, especially Esmeralda. “I had no idea of what the “director” was planning the video to look like.” Esmeralda said.

Brougiere and Lo finished in time to show that whole school in a rally, what school spirits need to look like during testing times.

Nathaniel Broguiere and Thomas Lo