Trip to the University to Redlands

This is a building in the University of Redlands where only females sleep.

Rosibeth Arreola

The eighth graders trip to the University of Redlands was on March 21.

The eighth graders went to the University of Redlands. They were with their first period teachers. All the classes had one or two tour guides to show them around the campus. Students who paid $6.50 ate at a cafeteria at the campus, those who didn’t pay ate a sack lunch. After the students had their lunch they went to a “Q and A”, and got to ask students at the University questions about finances, and different organizations there. AJCMS students asked them general questions about college.

After the “Q and A” the students got seperated into two groups. Group A went to the Cal State San Bernardino with Teresa Vorgias, Gabriela Dampier, and Maria Solis as chaperons.  Group B went to University of California Riverside with Jessica Campos, Jenny Moreno, Damaris Pereda, and Nathaniel Broguiere as chaperons.

At CSUSB, as soon as students got there a tour guide directed to a “Q and A”. There they got separated into two groups and got a tour.

At UCR, students were given a tour by their teachers. After the students went to the Geology Center there. The student learned about earthquakes, and even got to make an “earthquake” themselves. They learned about climate change, they played twister with different climates instead of colors, and limbo. Students also learned about fossils.